Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Music: Bob Log III

Wiki:

"Bob Log III is an American lo-fi punk blues musician, singer and songwriter who performs as a one man band. During performances, Log wears a blue full-body jumpsuit and a bubble-mask motorcycle helmet wired with a telephone microphone which allows him to devote his hands and feet to guitar and drums, respectively. Based in Tucson, Arizona, he has made frequent tours of North America, Europe, Japan and Australia.


One of Bob Log III's most distinguishing features is the motorcycle helmet he wears on stage. When prompted as to why he wears the helmet, Log contends that, "My face has nothing to do with the music, I'd much rather people pay attention to my guitar playing. When asked if he had ever thrown up inside the helmet, Log said, "Not so that it landed in the helmet. I've got a hole for it to come out of. "

The helmet has caused him some problems over the years; "I kept the original lining in it, but after awhile it started disintegrating," Log said in an interview with The Kansas City Star. "What happens is, the foam turns into a powder, and when you mix that with three years' worth of sweat - I grew something really funky in there. It dripped in my eye at a show in Sweden, and I got pinkeye. Ever had pinkeye? It's disgusting, Girls stopped talking to me. It was terrible."

No comments: