Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The conceptual designs of Heikki Naulapää.

Heikki Naulapääa, a Finnish student who graduated from Vehicle Design department of Royal College of Art, in 2004. Before his studies in began London, he graduated as a Industrial Designer from Lahti, Finland.
The Ducati Demon

"Starting point for me was to play with the iconic Monster and maintain it's classical appearance. But I wanted to do more; I wanted to create multifunctional bike with two different characters in one setup.

This is achieved with removable fairing -with fairing attached the bike has a bit more wind protection, but without it the bike transforms to a very aggressive streetfighter. With exhaust on the bottom of the bike together with classic, clean and very light rear end, I wanted to make my concept Monster look even bit more monsterous than today."
Aprilia RAM1000
"This project was my one of the most difficult tasks while studying in Lahti; to design complete motorbike without hardly any experience from 3D modeling. When starting this project, I hadn't got any experience of designing vehicles either, which made the task pretty challenging."

No comments: